Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dangerous Prayer

I wanted to talk about this song I'm really into, it's called "Dangerous Prayer" by Kathleen Carnali. Not only is this song just sung amazingly, but the lyrics have been making me think lately. In the song, Carnali is pretty much declaring how passionate really she is about Jesus, crying out to Him that He can do anything, she'll still go to Him.
"Jesus, rain on my parade, strip me down again so I'm desperate for you. Jesus, whatever it takes bring me to my end so I'm desperate for you, amen."
This song reminds me of The Beatitudes in Matthew 5 when Jesus is pretty much saying "Hey, if you're poor in spirit, if you mourn, if you're meek, if you really hunger and thirst for righteousness then you will be comforted and rewarded in Heaven. If people insult and persecute you because of Me, that's okay because you are blessed."
But would we have the courage to be willing to pray to be so voulnerable, when we've lost everything we've got that we're just SO desperate for Jesus? That's kind of what this songs saying. It makes me think, am I ready to just scream "HEY JESUS! I LOVE YOU MAN. I WANT TO FOLLOW YOU AND DO EVERYTHING I CAN FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES. I'M READY FOR YOU TO JUST TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY, BRING TO MY END, AND MAKE ME SO DESPERATE FOR YOU." That's a really scary thought. As Christians, we're supposed to be ready to give our entire lives and selves to Him. But are we? I don't know if I am, I know I want to be ready though.
Jesus gave His life for us, He didn't have to do that, but He did, because He LOVES us. That's powerful love. We should be ready to return that love, shouldn't we?
Just a little food for thought I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment